Lifeguard Instructor Training
In this course, instructor candidates learn to teach basic-level lifeguarding and shallow water attendant, first aid, CPR/AED for the professional rescuer, administering emergency oxygen and bloodborne pathogens training: preventing disease transmission classes to their community. Instructor candidates will also be made familiar with GuardStart, lifeguard management and water safety presentations. This class is a great way to further your lifeguarding career.
Please view course pre-requisites and frequently asked questions before registering for a class.Course Prerequisites:
- Be at least 17 years old on or before the last day of the instructor course.
- Possess one of the following:
• A current American Red Cross certificate for Lifeguarding/First Aid/CPR/AED.
• An equivalent certificate from another organization.
- Successfully complete the Online Session for the Lifeguarding Instructor course, which consists of
• Orientation to the American Red Cross
• Orientation to the Lifeguarding Instructor Course and Precourse Exam
- Successfully complete the Precourse Session (water rescue and CPR skills assessments – completed on day one of training)
*Candidates should enroll in this course ONLY if their basic lifeguarding skills have been mastered. This is not a remedial course or a review course for lifeguarding.
To register for a class:
Step One:View the 2013 Training Schedule
Step Two: Read through Frequently asked Questions before registering
Step Three: Submit Registration Form via e-mail or fax (Important: do not include credit card information if faxing)
Step Four: Pay online (Important: create login name as the participant); or pay by phone.
For additional information contact: Jeremy Post 214-820-7946
New! Join the LandryLifeguards Facebook Group page and experience the latest in: class schedules, DFW area job openings, lifeguard program updates, news articles, discussions and more. Click here to join.